Dawn Christian Academy's goal is that each student will be a successful EAGLE:
E arnest Christ follower
- Grows spiritually as a disciple of Jesus Christ and displays integrity that comes from Christ-centered living.
- Recognizes that attitude, learning, and diligence are all done for God's glory.
- Is inspired to become involved in ministry and missions.
- Invests time and abilities to nurture relationships as a emissary of Christ.
- Accepts and submits to authority.
- Endeavors to recognize and respect different cultures, personalities, and opinions.
- Displays Christian ethics and morals in resolving conflict.
- Integrates a clear understanding of a Biblical worldview in all aspects of life, including critical thinking and problem solving.
A cademic achiever
- Uses study habits and organizational skills effectively.
- Thinks critically and creatively by conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating information.
- Attains mastery of the skills in the school's core curriculum so that further
knowledge can be attained without hindrance.
G odly leader
- Derives self-worth and confidence from identity in Christ.
- Models godly character and transparent integrity.
- Sets an example with good manners & courtesy.
- Seeks God's direction through prayer, the Bible, and honest and trustworthy counselors.
- Demonstrates humility and modesty in loving and serving others as oneself.
L ifelong learner
- Recognizes the perpetual value of learning, growing, and improving.
- Motivates and engages oneself in learning.
- Sets realistic yet ambitious personal and academic goals and carries out a plan to achieve them.
- Uses mistakes as opportunities to learn, grow, and improve.
- Has either accepted or has been encouraged to personally accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
E ffective communicator
- Listens actively and respectfully.
- Speaks clearly, persuasively, and respectfully.
- Reads, thinks, and writes with clarity, conviction, and courtesy.
- Uses technology effectively and responsibly to promote communication.
- Expresses ideas and creative abilities through art, drama, music, and foreign language.
- Expresses and defends his faith in all situations.